Detailed Scheduling in Primary and Secondary Smelter Industries
The production planning and scheduling in the metal production industry is characterized by a high grade of special specific requirements. A set of specialized Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Systems, which supports the planner to resolve certain tasks, exists. For example, support can be provided to the production of secondary metal or the detailed production planning of foundries. A disadvantage of these software products is that they are stand -alone systems and this mean that these systems use a separate database and are not integrated in the ERP system of the company. Hence, there is redundant data management.
OR Soft Manufacturing Workbench fills this gap. Based on the master and dynamic data of the SAP R/3, respectively SAP ECC, this solution proposes a set of specialized APS solution modules, which are of particular interest for those involved in the metal production industry.
Manufacturing Workbench is a software solution for detailed production planning and is certified by SAP as an endorsed business solution. This software product offers the following functionalities:
- Resource allocation planning for furnaces
- Consider all related resources and their availability, including handling units and other tools used in production
- Consideration of dynamic set up costs
- Burden calculation on homogeneous raw materials
- Calculation of Bill of Materials (BOM) to a certain finished product (or customer specification) by minimizing the raw material costs
- Consideration of other constraints (thresholds, limitation of BOM items, etc.)
- Support make-to-stock production and make-to-order production
- Consideration of productions tools, such as molds, in foundries